The high mileage timing belt kit includes extra components and hardware that typically are worn or need replacing, but aren't part of the normal timing belt replacement interval.
The timing belt kit includes the complete, 100K mile, timing belt kit, that includes:
- Timing Belt from Gates
- Timing Belt Tensioner from Litens
- Small Top Roller
- Small Bottom Roller
- Upgraded 100k Mile Large Roller
- Serpentine Belt from Contitech
- Water Pump w/ metal impeller
- Camshaft Seal (spring type for easier installation)
- OEM Vacuum Pump Seal
As with the standard timing belt kit, all the timing belt components are warrantied for 100,000 miles.
The high mileage kit adds:
- Injection Pump Sprocket Bolts
- Harmonic Balancer Bolts
- Tensioner and Roller Studs
- Front Crankshaft Seal and Bolt
- Serpentine Belt Tensioner Shock or optional complete Serpentine Belt Tensioner
- Intake Manifold Cleaning Kit w/ Intake Manifold Bolts
- Thermostat & Thermostat Housing (choose OE Thermostat for an easier installation)
Other commonly replaced items during services are available as checkboxes below. These include:
Complete engine mount set with hardware. Mounts are usually worn by 200K, so if you haven't replaced them yet this is good opportunity
We've also identified complementary products that your TDI may need, including:
- Engine mount bracket (bracket threads strip with multiple timing belt changes, bolts are already included with the kit)
- Camshaft Sprocket - a pattern has emerged of these sprockets failing to hold after the third timing belt. We strongly recommend replacing yours at the 3rd belt job.
- Alternator pulley (alternator pulleys fail frequently and cause the serpentine belt tensioner to fail. If you've not replaced your pulley for the last 100K this is a good time to do it)
- Thermostat, housing, and o-ring (thermostats lose effectiveness over time)
- Hard coolant pipe o-ring (on the front of the block, these leak with age)
- Oil cooler gaskets (these also leak with age)
- Oil pump, chain, and tensioner
- Cam and followers kit
- Coolant bottle and cap (these get cloudy with age)
These products are listed below.